In this video, Emily will be answering your frequently asked questions and explaining how the ShotKam can help you.
Get The Camera Now >
What is the ShotKam?
The ShotKam is a video camera that is specifically built for shotgun enthusiasts. It mounts underneath your barrel and is built to help you learn how to improve.
Why do I need the ShotKam?
The biggest frustration with shotgun shooting is that you have no idea why you missed. You may hear "you missed in front of it," or "you missed behind it." The reality is, you have no idea. The ShotKam will show you exactly what your barrel was doing when the shot was taken.
How does it work?
The ShotKam can intelligently detect all the movements of your barrel to know when to record. When the action of your gun closes, the ShotKam will begin to record a video. Once the ShotKam feels a recoil, then it will save the video of the shot, and a few seconds before and a few seconds after the shot as well.
What else do I need to know?
1) A comment we receive often is "my gun club doesn't have WiFi, so I couldn't use the ShotKam there to watch my videos." But the ShotKam has its own WiFi, so it does not need any other source of WiFi, Bluetooth, or cellular data.
When the ShotKam is put into WiFi Mode, the WiFi module inside of the camera sends out a WiFi signal, and you can then connect your smart phone or tablet to that signal. Then, open the ShotKam app to watch your videos - anywhere, anytime.
Watching your videos will enable you to see exactly what was happening in the moments leading up to the recoil (and the recoil), to bring clarity to why you missed or how you hit a specific target.
2) The ShotKam is built, tested, and shipped from our main warehouse in South Florida. We are thankful to have grown to a point where we needed a few expansion stores in addition to our ShotKam USA website:
United Kingdom, Australia, Canada, and Ireland
We created these expansion stores in hopes of making the ShotKam a more accessible product for our international customers. Import tax costs are already included, you can pay in your own currency, and we can get a ShotKam to your doorstep within 4 days of you placing an order.
3) We've got a 30-Day Money Back Guarantee. We think that you'll absolutely love our camera. If you find that the ShotKam isn't exactly what you were looking for, please send it back within 30 days for a full refund.
Shop Now >
In 2010, the first ShotKam was invented by David Stewart in his garage in Boca Raton, Florida.
Since then, we've had the honor of serving thousands of customers across all 50 states and 104 countries, have added more employees and offices across the US, and been blessed to grow over 75% annually. We're still a family-owned business rooted in Boca Raton and proudly manufacture our cameras here in the USA. Click here to watch our story:
2010 - The first ShotKam was invented because David wanted to show his youngest son, Zander, why he was missing a target. At the time, there were no training tools on the market that were specifically designed for shotgun shooters. There wasn't even anything available that could withstand the force of a shotgun's recoil.
2012 - After a few years and some conceptual designs, the 1st Generation ShotKam was officially on the market. We proudly sold of first camera in 2012, and our goal was to sell one ShotKam a day.
Fast forward to 2020, and we currently sell the 3rd Generation ShotKam - the best training tool for shooters. We've worked hard over the last few years to bring you the most cutting-edge technology, while still keeping the ShotKam easy to use. We've applied for and received numerous patents on the camera, ensuring that we bring you custom designs and technology that the world has never seen. Lastly, we've hand-picked, carefully vetted, and personally trained all of our employees to ensure that we're always prepared to give you the best experience and customer service.
To those we serve, thank you. We commit to continue to bring you innovation, world class support, and a product that can be passed down for generations to come. We're humbled and honored that you are a part of our family.
Read More ShotKam News >
In this video, you will learn about the parts of the ShotKam, how to mount it correctly, how to change your settings, and how the ShotKam records.
Frequently Asked Questions
1) How can I ensure that the ShotKam is mounted onto my barrel correctly? You can ensure that the ShotKam is mounted correctly by checking for two things. First, check that the ridges on the bracket pad fit into the grooves in the ShotKam (for a visual, please skip to minute 1:10 of the video above). Secondly, the USB port should be closest to your barrel. This simply means that the USB port (next to the control button on the ShotKam) should be directly underneath your barrel.
2) How often should I take my ShotKam off my barrel? The brackets of the ShotKam have rubber pads on the inside to prevent any barrel damage, but we do suggest taking the camera off regularly for cleaning. A quick wipe with a soft cloth will ensure that no moisture gets trapped in between the ShotKam and your barrel.
3) Does my reticle need to be re-aligned every time I re-mount the ShotKam? If you are using your ShotKam on the same type of shotgun and mounting your ShotKam the same distance back from the muzzle, then you will not need to re-align your reticle. If you use a mixture of types (semi-auto, pump), then the reticle will need to be realigned for each shotgun (and the "gun type" setting will have to be changed accordingly in the ShotKam app). So for instance, if the ShotKam is placed 8 inches back (from the muzzle) on the barrel of a 12 Ga break-action, then you can move it to any other 12 Ga break-action, just place it 8 inches from the muzzle end of that gun as well. 4) What is the difference between "Normal Shooting Mode" and "WiFi Mode"? Which should I use? This is a great question. "Normal Shooting Mode" is what you will use while you are recording videos during your round. One quick click (then let go) of the control button will put your ShotKam into "Normal Shooting Mode". You can confirm by checking the LED lights - you should only see one green LED. In "Normal Shooting Mode", your ShotKam will typically go into "Sleep Mode" after 20 seconds to conserve battery. You will see one slow blinking green LED light when the ShotKam is in Sleep Mode. You can close your action or bump your stock to waken the ShotKam, and the green LED light will go from blinking to solid when it is awakened.
"WiFi Mode" will only be used when you are aligning your reticle, changing your settings, or watching your videos on your mobile device (smart phone or tablet). To put the ShotKam into "WiFi Mode", hold the control button down for 3-5 seconds, then let go. You should see one yellow LED light, and one green LED light as well. You are now able to connect to your mobile device.
Phone: (855) 473 - 5227
When watching your ShotKam videos, there are a few easy ways to identify why you missed (or how you hit) your target. Please watch the video below for more information.
Using the frame-by-frame feature on VLC media player (or any media player of your choice), you are able to look for mistakes such as canting your gun, aiming, lifting your head, having too much lead, and more.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1) My ShotKam videos look slanted. What does this mean? First, check that your ShotKam is mounted correctly, parallel with your barrel. If the ShotKam is mounted correctly and you're still seeing slanted videos, then this may indicate that you've got a canted mount. To learn how to correct this, please see minute 7 of the above video.
2) Should I study my videos on my phone, or use a computer? You're able to study your videos on either your mobile device on your computer, but to study the video in depth, we do suggest using your computer. You'll be able to work with a bigger screen, and easily go frame-by-frame to identify mistakes.
3) Is my computer compatible with the ShotKam? All computers that are Windows 8 and later are compatible, as are all Apple computers. If you have a Windows 7 PC, then some operating systems do not recognize the ShotKam device once it has been plugged in. The ShotKam comes with a 30-day money back guarantee, so if you noticed that your computer does not recognize the device, please return it for a full refund.
4) How can I see the pellets? If you shoot against a blue sky (contrasting background to the black pellets), then you can see the pellets and wad for about 3-4 frames. This is more of a "fun" factor rather than a helpful factor. Once the pellets go out about 10 yards, then they are too small to be seen on video. The size of the pellet is smaller than a pixel at that point. With this said, we emphasize to always study your ShotKam videos before the shot is taken. We hope our tutorial videos have been of assistance in the first few weeks of having your ShotKam. If used correctly, the ShotKam will be the tool you need to improve your shooting technique and increase your scores quickly.
Email: email@example.comPhone: (855) 473 - 5227