Rifle Info & Bracket FAQs
Should I get an extra 12-bore quick-release bracket?
No, you only need one per ShotKam. The camera stays firmly attached inside the bottom of the bracket, then the top of the bracket opens like a claw to clamp onto your shotgun barrel. The mount does not stay attached onto the barrel, so you only need one 12-bore quick-release bracket per ShotKam Camera.
Can I mount ShotKam to my rifle?
Yes, the ShotKam can be mounted to most rifles using our sub-gauge brackets. They are £39 each. Rifle dimensions can vary, so please measure the width of the rifle barrel at the location where your ShotKam will be mounted. Use a digital caliper to measure your barrel. Please see below for a complete compatibility list:
- For Large-Caliber Rifles (416, 458, .50 BMG): Our 12-Bore Quick-Release Bracket is available for purchase: Buy 12-Bore Now
- Specification for 12-Bore mount: 19.5mm to 26mm barrel width at the location where your ShotKam will be mounted.
- For 30 Caliber Rifles (.300 win mag, .308, .338, 270, 30-06 or 7mm, 9.3 x 62mm, 9.3 x 74r express rifle): Our 20 Bore Bracket is available for purchase: Buy 20-Bore Now
- Specification for 20-Bore mount: 18mm to 21.5mm barrel width at the location where your ShotKam will be mounted.
- For .243-Sized Rifles, 6.5 Creedmore, 7x64, etc.: Our 28 Bore Bracket is available for purchase: Buy 28-Bore Now
- Specification for 28-Bore mount: 14.5mm to 18mm barrel width at the location where your ShotKam will be mounted.
- For AR-15, .223, and .22-Sized Rifles: Our .410 Bracket is available for purchase: Buy .410 Now
- Specification for .410 mount: 12mm to 14.5mm barrel width at the location where your ShotKam will be mounted.
Do you have an accessory for 10 Bore, 16 Bore, or 20 Bore Side-by-Side?
10 Bore: Yes, your 10 Bore shotgun will fit with our 12 Bore Quick-Release Bracket, so you would not need an additional mount.
16 Bore: Yes, your 16 Bore shotgun will fit with our 12 Bore Quick-Release Bracket, so you would not need an additional mount. Occasionally, the 16-Bore barrel may require adding an additional bracket pad. We include a free extra bracket pad in the "spare parts bag" that comes with each purchase, so if needed, you would be able to use that pad to make the 12-bore just slightly smaller. With that said, the 12 Bore Quick-Release Bracket typically works perfectly on a 10 bore, 12 bore, and 16 bore.
20 Bore Side-By-Side: Yes, the ShotKam can be mounted to a 20 Bore side-by-side shotgun. We only sell the 12 bore side-by-side on our website, but we can customize it for a 20 bore side-by-side barrel shotgun. We simply add an extra rubber pad to the 12 bore side-by-side mount to make it smaller for a 20 bore SxS. The price of the bracket would be £39 and we are happy to make a custom invoice for you. Please contact Support@ShotKam.com to purchase a 20 bore side-by-side.
Can the ShotKam be mounted onto a magazine tube?
Yes, your purchase will automatically come with a 12 bore quick-release bracket that will fit on most magazine extension tubes. The maximum diameter of the 12-bore bracket is 27 mm (a little over 1 inch) and this 12-bore is our largest bracket size. If your magazine tube is under 27mm in diameter, then you can mount the ShotKam onto it.